Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Monopoly Game

If you've ever played monopoly then you've played a game close to how most people become wealthy in a currency system. Here's how it works. You buy up an income generating property (such as a business, real estate, stock, etc.) and then build on that property with increasing levels of development. Levels of development really depend on what type of property you buy. For example, you build more houses on real estate lots or you expand a business. The problem for me is, why do we play monopoly when we should be exploring life?
Some people are good at both, but even that person must negotiate some of their time to wealth generation.

The Rich Dad, Poor Dad series of books taught me alot about the game businessmen and investors play to become wealthy. The game is being played over all businesses, governments and currency generators. Like in every game the real world monopoly must have only one winner. After the United States government committed treason and handed their rights over to private banks the people playing the game have nearly completed their winning move in monopoly. They have unlimited capacity to inflate the currency, steal from the taxpayers or cut budgets.

My dad once told me a story about him and my grandfather when they played a game of monopoly. My grandfather ran out of money and had only a few paltry properties. It was obvious that my dad was going to win. My grandfather asked my dad "Do you want to keep playing?". My dad said "yes". Contrary to monopoly rules my grandfather sold my dad some of his properties at a base price and they kept on playing. In the real world no one is going to let us "keep on playing". There is no "get out of jail free" card.

Fortunately a few people want to stop playing the monopoly game.

No comments: